Friday, April 6, 2012

Review Time! #3

Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the government demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.(by goodreads)


Ok I'll admit I picked up this book along with pandemonium because of their covers! I got them in a twin pack, and I thought why not read them? And I am glad I did! They are both amazing.

Lena can't wait for her treatment, to be cured from love. To be matched with aLove has been classified as a disease and a cure has been found. Every member of society must take the cure upon turning eighteen. Then they are partnered up with a subtitle match and most of their life is decided for them. A life without love. Her mother was driven crazy from love, her sister got infected and says to her sister that being cured made the pain go away.

Until Lena meets Alex. Alex is a mysterious boy, who Lena knows nothing about. Which makes him so much more desirable. Their secret romance is forbidden, Lena has to try hard to not let her family know she has Deliria and not let the symptoms show.

While I don't normally go for dystopic books/movies after watching balde runner (never again, I hate the HSC for making me watch this and read Frankenstien AND make me compare them -_-) but some far the Fallen series by Lauren Kate and Delirium are making me re-think about Dystopic books.

So I say that everyone should go out to their library, bookstore, e-book store, Big W, whatever and go these books!

Rate: 4.5/5

Keely x


1 comment: