Monday, December 10, 2012

2012 Favorites!


2012 reads that I've loved:

Not all books will be 2012 releases, mostly will be.

1.       Best Paranormal read goes too… Spark by Brigid Kemmerer! This was close with Storm also by Brigid Kemmerer, but I loved Spark more. The Merrick Brothers have taken out the title & runner-up!
2.       Book in which I cried one too many times… SECOND CHANCE SUMMER BY MORGAN MATSON! The tears I shed for this book when I first read it was cray! Runner-up goes to Everything Left Unsaid by Jessica Davidson another one where I was crying all night.
3.       Best Mystery/Spying read goes too… OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF TIME BY ALLY CARTER! It is no mistake that Ally Carter is one of my favorite authors this just closely beat The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting another favorite author & series.
4.       Best historical mystery read goes too… THE TRAITOR IN THE TUNNEL BY Y.S. LEE! I love this series & the budding romance that goes on, so that means The Body at The Tower by Y.S. Lee is the runner up!
5.       Best Contemporary read goes too… ANNA & THE FRENCH KISS/LOLA & THE BOY NEXT DOOR BY STEPHANIE PERKINS! It is too hard to decide between the two both Anna & Lola’s boys have stolen my heart. The runner up goes to The Story of Us by Deb Caletti.
6.       Best Sport Themed read goes too… CATCHING JORDAN BY MIRANDA KENNEALLY! I loved this book & well I love sports… Runner up goes to Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally!  
7.       Best Paranormal series that I started this year goes too… THE VIOLET EDEN CHAPTERS BY JESSICA SHIRVINGTON! I won this series from  Saz101’s comp in  August & I flew through the series! Runner up goes to Blood of Eden series by Julie Kagawa!
8.       Most creepy/interesting/mystery read goes too… THE UNBECOMING OF MARA DYER BY MICHELLE HODKIN! This book had a creepy factor to it & I loved it! Runner up would have to go to Hunting Lila by Sarah Alderson!
9.       New favorite author goes too… ABBI GLINES! After reading The Vincent Boys, Breathe, Because of Low & While It Lasts it just dragged me into her books!
10.   Best New Adult book goes too… BEAUTIFUL DISASTER BY JAMIE McGUIRE! I am in love with this new category! Runners up go to Slammed & Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover, Perfect Chemistry Series by Simone Elkeles, Taking Chances by Molly McAdams & Easy by Tammara Webber!
11.   The Classic book that I never finished goes too… FRANKENSTEIN BY MARY SHELLEY! Yea... a HSC read which I never finished…
12.   Best 2012 debut goes too… THRONE OF GLASS BY SARAH J. MASS! Love any book about Assassins & this was a great read! Runner up goes to The Selection by Kiera Cass!
13.   Best 2012 series ending goes too… BEAUTIFUL REDEMPTION BY KAMI GARCIA & MARGARET STOHL! Love this series! So sad that it has ended. Runners up go to Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick & Destined by Aprilynne Pike!
14.   Best Adult book goes too… THE BEST OF ME BY NICHOLAS SPARKS! I am in love Nicholas Sparks books right now! Runner up goes to The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks.
15.   Best Dystopic read goes too… DIVERGENT BY VERONICA ROTH! I am just starting to get into this genre. Runners up go to Delirium & Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver as well as Insurgent by Veronica Roth.
And last but not least
16.   Best 2012 read goes too… TOUCH OF POWER BY MARIA V. SNYDER! I loved this book & well I love all of Snyder’s work! Other books that I loved include Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter, Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson, The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting, The Goddess Test & Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter, Until I Die by Amy Plum, City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare & New Girl by Paige Harbison!
This year has been a great for reading & I have so far almost read 100 books! I have many favourites so it was hard to pick just a few!

Keely x

No comments:

Post a Comment