Thursday, July 25, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 12


Day 12: How do you fight blogger fatigue?

Whenever I feel like blogging is too much, keeping up with it and uni is stressful so I take some time away from blogging to get uni under control then I come back, do a few fun posts like Waiting on Wednesday or Top Ten Tuesday etc. to remind me of the fun that blogging is. Blogging is a hobby and sometimes you just don't feel like doing the hobby for a while because other things come or you just cannot be bothered.

I have uni 5 days a week, 20hours of classes a week, I play waterpolo Monday or Tuesday nights each week, I have study night Monday's, majority of Wednesday night's I have Chem study sessions and Sunday mornings I play sport. With all that I like to try and two swim sessions from 30min-1hour, college functions (I have three this week alone and skipping two of them because I am stressed and tired) and regular study, assignments and tests/quizzes. I honestly don't know how I have time to read and write blog posts. I am so suprised that I have managed to do this challenge everyday (even scheduling some posts) written reviews and done a discussion post (featured today). Yesterday I was out of it when I writing a review I randomly put in chemistry words because I wasn't thinking straight.

Whenever I have too much on my plate, I take a step back from blogging so I can focus on uni. Sometimes I blog to have a break from uni work to help me set my mind back up on what I'm studying or I re-read a book. Taking a step back before coming back from blogging really helps me go again and is the reason why every so often I take a break and come back a month later ready to go again, because I am refreshed and know that I want to get back into my hobby.

How do you get past blogger fatigue? Let me know!

Keely xx

2 comments:

  1. This is an interesting question, because BEFORE I started blogging, I thought bloggers were a bit silly, complaining about it. I mean, I read a lot, and it was awesome, so why did people get fatigued doing something they'd do anyway?!

    Even when I started my blog, I didn't really feel it, until about a year on. Suddenly there was so much to read, and all the new books were coming out, and reading challenges, and uni, and getting engaged and LIFE. And I started feeling like I couldn't re-read the books I love, since there's so much new stuff. I started feeling like I couldn't take a few nights and watch TV and only read 20 pages of my book, because the review was scheduled in two days.

    That's when I finally understood that if I was going to blog long term, I had to be smart and honest with myself. So now I have rules.

    1. Don't read when you don't want to.
    2. Schedule reviews when you can, but if you go a week without posting, the world won't end.
    3. Re-read favourite books. There's no point in blogging and claiming to share one's love of reading if you're not reading books you love.
    4. Tell publishers when you're overwhelmed, when you're behind, when you simply won't be reviewing a title. Offer to give the book to a friend, give it away to a reader, or find some other way to promote it.
    5. Always keep in mind that this hobby should never feel like a second/third job. The moment it starts to feel that way, take a break, do something else for as long as you need to get the passion back.

    I think they've really helped me! So, while it looks like you're nuts for having so much on your plate, I think it's awesome you still have time to blog and reach others through your love of literature. It's super-human and should be appreciated!

    That turned out to be a much longer comment than I'd initially planned ... sorry!!

    Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always re-read books, I just have to. I don't get books from publishers so I never have to worry about that bit, I just stop requesting on netgalley pretty much and just read my own books. Right now I am missing out on a college function because today killed me and all I have done is paint my nails, read and youtube. It is relax time for me! I think that it is important to remember you don't have to blog, it's your own choice and sometimes it helps me stay sane. Blogging will always come last on my list of things that I have to do, uni takes priority over everything now and I need some form of social life!

      Your 5 points are completely right!

      Delete