Friday, July 19, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 6


Day 6: Describe how you shop for books
This is a hard one, because recently I have been buying e-books from the kindle store, one because they are cheaper, two I get them instantaneously and three I don't have to wait for shipping.

However when I do go to a bookstore/shopping centre I look for a few things:

The cover: I know, I know don't judge a book by the cover but when I look at all my books they have pretty cool covers, I admit to picking a few like this, someone that isn't always the case.

The blurb: Does it look like something that I will read? Is is it YA, NA or Adult? Fantasy, Contemporary, Paranormal, Mystery or Romance? If it sounds like something that I am interested in I'll read it, even if the cover didn't appeal to me.

What have I heard about it: What is everyone rating it? Good, bad or mixed reviews? Most of the time I don't pay attention to what others think because I usually like something that others do not or vice versa. 

Some of the e-books that I have are completely random, they popped up on my recommend to me list on Amazon and if it is cheap & sounds like something that I would like chances are I'll get it. Some books I have never heard of before and I just buy it anyway hoping that I will like it. Someone asked my why my avg. of rating a book is so high on goodreads, my answer I only pick books that I think/know I will like, I don't want to waste my time with a book I probably won't like. However, sometimes reviews sway me and then I choose to read it anyway. This happened with The Edge of Never I didn't think that I would like it, but I ended up really enjoying it.

So what how do you choose which books to buy? Link me!

Keely xx

1 comment:

  1. LOL Keely I think I'll like a lot of books and the blurb sounds so good but I end up being so critical.

    I've become so snarky since reviewing and I really judge books by their writing style when I read.

    You're such an ebook person! I'm a physical copies girl :D

    And yeah I know I have big problems LOL

    ReplyDelete