Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Best Books of 2013!

It is that time of year again, the time for me to tell you guys what I have loved this year!

Best YA Paranormal:
The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead, I loved this one & surprisingly more than The Fiery Heart which was steamy. I also loved Spirit by Brigid Kemmerer.
Best YA Sci-Fi:
Between The Lives by Jessica Shirvington, loved this standalone novel! These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner.
Best YA Fantasy:
Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas, one of the best sequels I've read! Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers is also another fantasy that I couldn't put down!
Best YA Romance:
Dare You To by Katie McGarry, loved this and while I haven't read Crash Into You yet I'm sure I will love it too. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green I also loved this one a lot.
Best YA Contemporary:
Wildfire by Fiona Wood, an Aussie book which I adored! Also loved Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend by Louise Rozett.
Best YA Sport Themed:
Grover Beach Team series by Piper Shelly, have been loving this series and it is soccer focused! Also loved Wild Cards by Simone Elkeles.
Best YA Mystery/Spying:
United We Spy by Ally Carter, this should be no surprise! Also loved Dead Silence by Kimberly Derting which also ended The Body Finder series too!
Best Adult Romance:
With Me in Seattle Series by Kristen Proby, only found this series a few weeks ago and have fallen in love with it! Also been loving R.L. Mathewson's books.
Best Adult Paranormal:
Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead, loved, loved, loved this!
Best Adult Fantasy:
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon, a great start to a new series!
Best NA Romance:
Sometimes It Lasts by Abbi Glines, I am a Cage & Eva fan and this book gave me more! Forever Altered by D.J. Pierson was also fantastic!
Best NA Contemporary:
More Than Her by Jay McLean, loved Logan's story. Impossible by Komal Kant was also a fantastic book
Best NA Series:
Seaside by Rachel Van Dyken, I have just loved this series! Fallen Crest Series by Tijan, have just loved this series & book 3 is out Dec. 30!
Best NA Book:
My Favourite Mistake by Chelsea M. Cameron! This book was a great NA & had no insta love, more like insta hate.
Best YA Book:
Wildfire by Fiona Wood! This was just a fantastic book which I related to so much, defiantly worth a read.
Best Adult Book:
Safe With Me by Kristen Proby! My favourite out of the With Me in Seattle series.
Best 2013 Debut:
Hooked by Liz Fichera, this is a sport YA focused book and I just loved it!
Best 2013 Series Ending: 
Gallagher Girls by Ally Carter,such a great ending to my favourite series. Violet Eden Chapters by Jessica Shrivington also a great ending to another great series.
Best series started this year:
With Me in Seattle by Kristen Proby (Adult), Fallen Crest by Tijan (NA) and Grover Beach Team by Piper Shelly (YA)
Best Novella's:
Doubled Crossed by Ally Carter, Hiest Society & Gallagher Girls in ONE BOOK! Breathless by Brigid Kemmerer and Crossing the Line by Katie McGarry
Favourite 2013 Author:
R.L Mathewson (Adult), Tijan (NA) and Ally Carter (YA)
Best book released in 2013 (YA, NA + Adult):
Perfect Scoundrels by Ally Carter (YA)
Honorable Mentions:
Things I Can't Forget by Miranda Kenneally
Just One Day by Gayle Foreman
Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
Paper Covers Rock by Jenny Hubbard
The Academy by Monica Seles
Steal My Sunshine by Emily Gayle
The First Third by Will Kostakis
On The Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
Covert Assignment by Missy Marciassa

So that is my 2013 favourites! Took me a few hours to come up with list after reading so many good books this year. Tomorrow I will have my most anticipated 2014 books!

Keely xx

No comments:

Post a Comment