Tuesday, March 4, 2014

What you might like if you enjoyed...

Hey everyone! As you can see by the title it isn't a normal post, I thought I might give out some recommendations today! Yes this is a procrastination post from uni work... I was making a list of upcoming releases so I knew when the books I wanted would be out so I could have them!

If you liked Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins you might like:

My Life Next Door by Huntly Fitzpatrick. I have only just recently read this book but I loved it, the contemporary novel had that lightness & little darker moments like Anna had. While you don't get to travel to Paris & have Etienne you get Jase instead (he is pretty awesome). 

If you liked Amy and Rodger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson you might like:


How My Summer Went Up In Flames by Jennifer Doktorski. I read this only two weeks ago on the train home from Sydney and I absolutely loved it! I am a huge fan of road tripping books which is exactly what both are with some romance in between. The characters are just loveable and the things they do on this road trip are a lot of fun.

If you liked The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting you might like:

The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. This book was a cross between Criminal Minds and The Body Finder (well the last two books in the series that is) but none the less having the killer's perspective and not knowing who the killer is makes the mystery has it own craziness to it. 

If you liked The Hundred Oaks series by Miranda Kenneally you might like:

Hooked by Liz Fichera and The Academy series by Monica Seles. What all these books have in common is the sporting theme. I love sports in YA novels and especially females kicking arse in sport because the media doesn't always give the right attention to female athletes. They both also have romance that doesn't overshadow the sporting theme like so many other novels do which I loved (expect in Game On).

If you liked The Gallagher Girls by Ally Carter you might like:

Covert Assignment by Missy Marciassa. Now this is only if you don't it being a New Adult book, because that is what it is. I've read the first two books in this series and I absolutely love them (check out previous reviews)! The other book that I would recommend if you don't mind it being an adult book, stressing on the word adult because it is defiantly not YA is The Single Lady Spy by Tessa Brown. This series is awesome, I love it but it is adult! All these books have the spy theme & romance in common and it is great to see the changes in the spying world which each both from a different genre.


If you liked Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas you might like:

The Study Trilogy, The Glass Trilogy and The Healer Trilogy by Maria V. Synder. These books are all fantasy, have some female's kicking & killing people, romance and are really fantastic reads. Synder's books are addictive like Maas's and the world building is really quite amazing making these books great.

Let me know down in the comments if you enjoyed this post, so I know to do some more! Also if you have already read only of these books that I have paired together!

Keely xx

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I loved The Body Finder! I have to look at book. This is such a good idea for post *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love, love, love the body finder! You might also like Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas it has that mystery/thriller feel to it too :)

      Delete